If you own a Levoit Air Purifier, you may encounter situations where you need to reset the device. Whether it’s to fix a malfunction or simply to start fresh, resetting your air purifier can be a simple yet effective solution. Whether you need to reset the standard filter, perform an AUTO filter reset, or execute a full factory reset, this comprehensive guide will walk you through the process step by step. So you can enjoy clean and fresh air in your home once again.
How To Reset Red Light in Levoit Air Purifier
The red light indicator alerts you to potential issues with the device. It typically signifies that the air filter needs attention or that the cleaner has encountered a problem. Understanding this indicator is crucial before attempting a reset.
To reset it, you first need to identify whether the red light is related to a filter replacement or another issue. This can save you time and effort by pinpointing the root cause of the problem.
Resetting for Filter Replacement
- Begin by turning off your Levoit air purifier. Locate the power button, which is usually on the top or front panel of the device. Press it to power off the unit.
- For added safety, unplug the purifier from the electrical outlet. This ensures there’s no electrical connection while you work on it.
- Depending on your Levoit model, you’ll need to open the cover or access panel to reach the air filter. Most Levoit purifiers have a simple latch or button release mechanism for this purpose.
- Once the cover is open, carefully remove the old filter and replace it with a new one. Ensure you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for filter replacement, which are typically provided in the user manual.
Reset the Red Light Indicator:
After replacing the filter, it’s time to reset the red light indicator. Look for the reset button on the purifier, which is often located near the filter compartment. Press and hold the button for a few seconds until the red light disappears or blinks and then turns off.
- Close the purifier cover securely and plug it back into the electrical outlet. Power on the device, and you should no longer see the red light indicator.
- If the red light indicator persists after replacing the filter, there may be another issue with your Levoit air purifier. In this case, follow these steps:
- Start by powering off the purifier and unplugging it from the electrical outlet, as mentioned earlier.
- Inspect the air intake and exhaust vents for any obstructions or blockages that might be hindering airflow. Remove any debris or dust that you find.
- Levoit air purifiers often have a hard reset option. Refer to your user manual to locate the specific reset procedure for your model. It may involve pressing and holding specific buttons or a combination of them.
- If the red light indicator persists despite your efforts, it’s advisable to contact Levoit’s customer support for further assistance. They can guide troubleshooting and potential repairs.
Standard Filter Reset
The standard filter reset procedure is a routine task that helps your Levoit air purifier maintain its optimal performance. Follow these simple steps to reset the standard filter:
How to Do AUTO Filter Reset
Some Levoit models are equipped with an AUTO filter reset feature, which makes maintaining your air purifier even more convenient. Here’s how to perform an AUTO filter reset:
- Start by powering on your Levoit air purifier if it’s not already on. Ensure it’s in the operational mode.
- Locate the control panel on your air purifier, where you can find the various settings and options.
- Look for the filter indicator on the control panel. This indicator usually illuminates when it’s time to replace the filter.
- On models equipped with the AUTO filter reset feature, there should be a designated AUTO reset button. Press and hold this button for about five seconds.
- After holding the button, check to see if the filter indicator light goes off or resets. If it does, the AUTO filter reset was successful.
- Your Levoit air purifier has now reset the filter timer automatically. Continue using it as usual, and it will keep track of the filter’s life cycle based on its usage.
Full Factory Reset
- First, ensure that your air purifier is powered off and unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Locate the reset button on your Levoit air purifier. This button is usually recessed to prevent accidental resets. Use a small tool, like a paperclip, to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- After holding the reset button for the specified duration, release it.
- Plug your Levoit air purifier back into the electrical outlet and turn it on. You will notice that the unit has returned to its original factory settings.
- To tailor your air purifier to your specific needs, you will need to reconfigure any desired settings, such as fan speed or timer options.
- After the full factory reset, observe your Levoit air purifier’s performance. If the issues you were facing persist, you may need to contact Levoit customer support for further assistance.
In conclusion, knowing how to reset your Levoit air purifier is essential for maintaining clean and healthy indoor air. Whether it’s a standard filter reset, an AUTO filter reset, or a full factory reset, following these steps ensures your air purifier continues to operate at its best. Regular maintenance will keep your air purifier effective in providing you with fresh, purified air day in and day out.
Troubleshooting Levoit Air Purifier Touch Screen Issues
If you have a Levoit air purifier with a touch screen, like the LV-PUR131 or LV-PUR131S, and you’re having problems with the touch screen not working, don’t worry. There are some simple steps you can follow to try and fix it.
Sometimes, the touch screen won’t work if the air purifier’s safety latch is not properly in place. Make sure the door where the filter is located is closed securely.
You can try doing a filter reset. This is like restarting your air purifier. Sometimes, this simple action can solve touch screen problems.
If the filter reset doesn’t help, you can go a step further and do a factory reset. This will reset everything on the air purifier to its original settings. It’s more powerful and can solve more complicated touch screen issues.
If you’ve tried all these steps and your touch screen is still not working, it might be a more serious problem with the hardware of the air purifier. In this case, it’s a good idea to get in touch with Levoit’s customer support. They have a lot of experience with these issues and can provide you with further help.
Also See: What Is a Pre Filter In an Air Purifier
Having trouble with your air purifier’s touch screen can be frustrating, but most of the time, you can fix it by following these steps. And if all else fails, remember that Levoit’s customer support team is there to assist you. They’re experts in dealing with these types of problems, and they’ll do their best to help you out
I’m Alex Johns, a seasoned expert in air purification with years of experience in the industry. As editor of the Air Purifierly blog, i share valuable insights and advice on how to improve air quality and protect your health at home and beyond.